Sunday, March 28, 2010

Blogging

I am seriously awful at this blogging thing, I always forget to do it, and then I don't post anything interesting, and well.

So my Bulgarian lessons have been going well, I meet twice a week for an hour and a half.  It's... difficult, but I've started to feel like I can talk.  As long as I don't have to say anything in past tense :)  It's harder to understand it when people are speaking to me, obviously, because they talk so fast but- progress is being made!

I've also been doing some Irish dancing, which is pretty exciting stuff ;)


I always dance as a man though, and lead, so when ever I have to follow, I mess it up.

Yesterday we went to conversation swap, like usual, but this time I stayed and went out with some friends.  We went to an outdoor bar (there are many of them here) and there was this huge celebration going on for earth day! It was great,I lent my lighter to some boys, and we talked for a little while- and then they were all "Can we keep this to remember, because you're so nice, and smile-y, and pretty?"

And, you know, I'd have bought a fucking canister of propane if they kept complimenting me that much.

It's actually sort of strange, you see, because I've been spending so much time with people older than me that I've begun to think of myself as their age.  I don't feel 19, I feel... 26, maybe. 

It's a bit of a problem, really.  I'll start talking to some one, you know, maybe flirt a bit if he's cute, but then bam! It comes out that he's 34.

Not of course, that age ever stops me.

No comments: