Sunday, November 22, 2009

Beneath the cover of october skies

I went, this weekend, to Blackbird's apartment.When he heard about it, Blackbird had asked me to move in, and room with him, and I'd declined because off the comute, and the cost.  But in a way, I wish I hadn't.  In a lot of ways, actually, and it was a hard choice.   Blackbird is...  kind of my surrogate brother, by now.  About, oh, a month ago, we were... hanging out, or something, and talking, and both of us were saying how we don't really have a lot of friends, we're affiable, and generally well liked, but keeping friends, close friends, is hard for us.  And, with a wiry grin, he said "Well, I guess we're all we've got."

And in a weird way, it's true.

 I won't say my happiness depends on him, or anything like that, but he is, almost always, there.  And in the way I need.  Patient, affectionate, and alright, not particularly communicative, but his flaw is something I appriciate because I don't feel like the one sided support beam that Blondie treated me like.  We weirdly get each other. 

The only thing is I want to express my affection physically in ways I feel are platonic, but other people don't generally accept except in couples.  Like resting my head on his shoulder, or holding hands, or brushing his hair out of his eyes.  I have no desire at all to have sex with Blackbird, but my fingers twitch and burn to do those little things. 

Anyway, I also played a lot of Zelda last night, which was totally fucking awesome, nbd.  And I got to know The Roomate, who is a really nice guy.  A total fucking hippy, but a really nice person.

No comments: