Monday, February 15, 2010

Adventures of a Culinary Kind

I made dinner tonight!

:DDD

It was super, cool, nbd.  I made yogurt marinated chicken marsala, and cabbage, and bread pudding.  Yes, after it was all done, I realized that it was sadly, well, white.  And boring looking. 

But delicious.  The cabbage dish I made usually uses red cabbage, which would have made the plate brighter, but eh.  All we had was (old) green cabbage. 

But this was not the greatest part of my day- no, for to make a meal, one needs... ingredients!  And there's really not a lot here...  just yogurt, uh, juice, a few sad oranges, and some well hidden potatos.  (Although, post-shopping trip, there are lemons, and garlic, and salami!)

So I went to the grocery store.  It's wonderfully named (fantastically named, even) "FANTASTICO!" and I had to 1) get there 2) figure out what the things I wanted where called in Bulgarian 3) find them 4) make sure it's ACTUALLY THE RIGHT THING 5) buy them- and some how figure out what Miss Mumbly McFashion-Victim was saying. 

But I did!

A+

No comments: