Sunday, February 14, 2010

Bulgarian Lessons

This Saturday marked my first Bulgarian lesson!  It was pretty sweet, nbd.  My teacher is a Scot, with a very strong accent, and a penchant for saying "wee" which is, you know, ADORABLE.  He wore, yesterday, a wonderful bright orange button down shirt, under a green argyle.

Yeah, it was really fashionable.

(Although the fashion of Bulgarians is a topic large enough for a whole separate post, because really- wow.)

Also, there are uh, five other students?  I suppose.  My brother, and a German woman, who have probably the best Bulgarian in the class, and then a woman from Holland, a man from the cannery islands, who has the strongest Spanish accent I have ever heard.  It's pretty awesome too.

There's also a man from London, who looks disturbingly like Simon Pegg, and arrived on the same day as me, which is sort of a strange coincidence, but eh.  Tuesdays are the cheapest day to fly.

So things I have learned so far:

Smoking in restaurants is gross.

The New Jersey "guido" style is universal- and universally unattractive.

Genetics is really cool.

Homemade wine is really not.  In fact, it's pretty gross, too.

No comments: